The Joy of blessing others
I am sure you have heard what Jesus said; “It is a greater blessing to give than receive”. At PCC, each time someone walks through our doors we experience that joy. Our faithful supporters and volunteers make this possible.
I’d like to share one such supporter’s story. About a year ago a gentleman came into the clinic. He wanted to donate a diamond wedding ring to our center to bless someone else in need. We accepted this unique gift and began to pray about what to do with it.
Many of our moms who come to us for help are unwed; we always encourage them to bring the father of the baby with them, if possible, to their appointments. Our goal is to encourage and advocate for abundant life for them as a family unit if that is possible.
As it happened, we had a young couple come in for an ultrasound who, when they saw the monitor and a picture of their baby, were overcome with emotion and excitement. It was a powerful moment for the couple to see their baby wiggling and hear the heartbeat of their child!
As our Patient Care Assistant talked with them, they shared that they wanted to get married. They had already picked out a wedding dress; the only thing holding them back was that they didn’t have a ring. We mentioned that we might be able to help, and they both lit up with curiosity. It was a Cinderella moment when the ring was brought in and it fit perfectly! We could hear the sound of wedding bells as we shared in the excitement!
PCC is more than a medical clinic or counseling center; we support the entire life of our visitors and everything they are facing. Thanks to all who support and pray for us so regularly.
Sandy Moon, RDMS
Celebrating 25 Years!
Pregnancy Care Center has a rich history of God’s people coming together to defend the most innocent! This year truly is a celebration year of how He is working through many businesses, churches, and individuals to impact our community in life affirming ways. One of those individuals who is making a positive impact for the community is Rhonda Watson, who’s celebrating 25 years as Executive Director!
"What I appreciate so much about Rhonda is her heart for and total commitment to Pregnancy Care Center and how she allows God to work through her to minister to the needs of others. I know I speak for the entire Board of Directors when I say that we thank God for Rhonda"
- Stephanie Tietje, Board Chair
Pregnancy Care Center Quarterly Update
Our hearts are filled with gratitude & thanksgiving for the many fabulous ways God is championing moms and dads at PCC through YOU!
- Very first WLJN Radio Dare to Share Event: We exceeded our fundraising goal of $22,800 thanks to WLJN and YOU!
- First ever Eat Bread to Raise Dough Panera Bread Fundraiser: A fabulous opportunity for supporters in the community to come together, eat amazing food and support life! We raised almost $450 and had 170 flyers cashed in. Thanks Panera Bread Traverse City!
- We had our most successful Baby Bottle Boomerang ever: $47,800 and counting raised for the Ultrasound Ministry. Thank you to all of the churches and individuals who took part in this amazing event!
- Ongoing social media outreach to women & men who need our services as well as friends and supporters who make Pregnancy Care Center's goals a reality! Check us out!